It’s my birthday weeeeeek! I’m a whopping, ripe old age of twenty-seven. In honour of the beginning of my 27th lap around the sun, I thought I would share with you, 27 random facts about me! And some of my other birthday reflections and rituals.
- My name is Natasha – no I’m not Russian
- My hair colour changes at least twice a year
- My eyes are green but they do occasionally change colour
- I’m a Scorpio (in every sense of the term according to my mother)
- I have one tattoo, and 5 piercings (including my ears)
- I’ve broken two bones: one of which forced me onto a liquid diet for six weeks
- I have a pretty huge family whom I love very much
- I have 3 siblings, 2 of which aren’t related
- Halloween is my favourite holiday! #everydayishalloween
- I believe in ghosts and love sharing ghost stories
- I’ve had over 10 pets in my life: 6 dogs, 3 cats, 2 frogs, and several fish
- My cat Voodoo is my baby and I’m completely okay with that
- I’m an introvert
- I’m vegan
- I adore photography
- I paint and have even sold some of my paintings
- I read tarot cards – mostly for myself but sometimes for friends
- I’m not big on sweets but have a serious weakness for chocolate
- And cherry pie
- I may or may not be a Selkie
- I may or may not be a vampire (there are a lot of rumours/theories about this that I can’t deny)
- I love makeup – even at 2 years old I was experimenting with lipstick
- I love incense and candles, but I’m rather picky about the scents
- I love to dance – I don’t think I’m very good but I do it anyway #sorrynotsorry
- I’m a bit of a movie addict, always have been!
- I have lived in 5 cities across Canada
- This is the first birthday I’ve had ‘alone’ – away from my family.
Every year around my birthday, I like to take some time to reflect on the last year, my life in general, my relationships with those around me, an honest reflection of ‘what I’m doing with my life’ and then plan some lose goals for my next year. Typically this is a New Year’s thing because of resolutions and new beginnings etc. etc. and I definitely do re-evaluate during New Year’s but I like to do it on my birthday because it’s like a personal ‘New Year’!
I won’t bore you with too many of the details but the 5 areas I like to focus on are Health, Relationships, Career, Personal Development, and Hobbies. I will continue to narrow down my goals over the next few weeks but my focus in each area is:
- Health: Continue to work on my physical fitness
- Relationships: Develop deeper connections to my loved ones and the people I meet (aka: no more smartphone zombies … or at least less)
- Career: Research and learn more about the areas of my industry that I enjoy so I can continue to grow and develop
- Personal Development: Get up earlier, establish routines, meditate more, and make time to read
- Hobbies: I’d like to complete a photo project – even if it’s just a 30 day project … I’m really bad for starting them and then falling behind and giving up.
What are some birthday rituals that you have or things that you do to celebrate and treat yourself? Do you get excited for your birthday or do you dread it?
Until next time!